Are you interested in instant offer?
Safety Measures for Forklifts – Material Handling
- We check the condition of our vehicle ad after we have made sure that everything works well we begin our work.
- During our work, we always fasten our seatbelt.
- We watch our steps! Forklifts are heavy machines.
- When we lift or carry something we check if there are people under or near the load.
- When we move backwards we watch carefully for people or obstacles in our way.
- We move at low speed in blind spots, crossings and where people are.
- When we come out of the vehicle we make sure that we have pulled up the handbrake and that there is no gear.
- We do not surpass the lifting capabilities of our vehicle.
- We never turn abruptly our steering wheel. There is a danger of overturning; especially in counterweight machines.
- When our machine burns fuels (diesel, gas or especially liquid gas) we are very careful during the refuel and we comply with austere safety measures provided by the manufacturer.
- When we conduct maintenance works we turn off the engine.
- When we park the forklift in a spot with the great gradient we use the chocks at the wheels.
- We do not carry other people with the forklift.
14. We don’t lift other people with the forklift unless it has a proper basket and after we have secured it well.
- We do not trust other people w don’t know to operate the machine unless they are registered operators
- We never consume alcohol.
Lifting Machines for House moving – Bucket Trucks
- Before each use of a lifting machine, we check the engine for leaks, oil and the condition of the wire ropes of the bucket as well as the hydraulic systems.
- We open the additional legs as much as possible and we put chocks below.
- You must pay great attention during the setting and the use of trees or electric wires (especially uncoated). You must make sure that you keep a safe distance from them.
- In places with high humidity, we do not approach wires without a coat and especially those of high voltage. There is a danger of creating an arc. You must keep a safe distance of 5 meters minimum.
- In streets with the gradient, we put chocks at the wheels of the vehicle.
- We don’t set the machine if the wind speed is higher than 45 km/h for the lifts and 60 km/h for the bucket trucks.
- In lifts, we must check the stability of the point where the machine is going to stand (bars, wall, etc).
- In lifts, we must always tie the machine in the upper part.
- During the movement of the basket, we must make sure that there are no people passing below.
- In lifts we must secure the things moved in the basket very well.
- If we have set our machine in downhill place or the gradient is below 60 degrees then you mustn’t put a lot of weight in the bucket of the lift or many people in the bucket truck.
- We make sure that all the people who work in the upper part of the lift (on the balcony) do not hang or ascend into the bucket.
- In the lift, you are not allowed to lift people in the bucket.
- You are strictly prohibited to use lifts or bucket trucks if you are not an authorized or certified operator.
- The lifts/bucket trucks must be equipped with the following:
Reflective stickers at the back (especially in trailers)
Bleeper for moving backwards (not in trailers)
Insurance to third parties
License plates (not yet for the trailers)
- In bucket trucks for people, the people lifted should be equipped with the necessary safety equipment such as safety belts, helmet etc.
- The machines of this category must be equipped with an emergency stop button.
About Safety Measures
- Head and backlights as well as a headlight for moving backwards
- Bleeper for moving backwards (no matter how annoying it can be it can warn and save lives)
- Fire extinguisher
- Warning triangle
- Reflective stickers
- Warning safety stickers